ADMISSION AND HOURS
Lakefront Festival of Art runs:
- Friday, June 21: 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
- VIP Member First Look: 10 a.m.–noon
- Saturday, June 22: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 23: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- $19 Adults ($12 in advance)
- $17 Students (w/ID), Seniors (65+)
- $10 Museum Members
- $25 Three-day pass
- Free for Kids 12 & under
- Free for Veterans and active military (w/ID)
SPECIAL MEMBER OFFER
Receive free admission to LFOA and two drink vouchers when you join or renew your Milwaukee Art Museum membership at the entrance gate. This special offer includes access to the Museum’s Collection Galleries and all exhibitions, plus 10% off purchases in the Museum Store and all three Museum Cafes.
- Lakefront Festival of Art is held on the grounds of the Milwaukee Art Museum (700 North Art Museum Drive)
- Museum Center Park (O’Donnell) Parking Rates: Friday $20, Saturday/Sunday $15 – $20
- War Memorial Center Parking Rates: Friday $15; Saturday/Sunday $10
- Festival parking is available for $10 at the south lots (P&H) of Summerfest. A complimentary shuttle runs: Friday 8am – 11pm, Saturday 8am – 8pm, and Sunday 8am – 6pm. The shuttle will run between the lots and festival gate roughly every 10 minutes. Pick up locations: Summerfest South Parking Lots and the festival’s South Entrance (look for Lakefront Festival of Art branded “Shuttle Pick Up” Signs)
- Bike parking is always free on the festival grounds near the south entrance!
- Street parking is available on a first-come, first served basis, and fees may apply. Please observe all city of Milwaukee parking signs in areas surrounding the festival.
- The Milwaukee Art Museum is located near the Prospect and Mason #4394 bus stop on the GOL Line.
- A Bubblr bike station is located nearby at Discovery World, 500 N. Harbor Drive.
- A dedicated Lyft pick up and drop-off point will be located on Wisconsin Avenue and North Prospect Avenue, next to the iconic orange sculpture The Calling by Mark di Suvero, with discounts on rides to and from the Museum for Museum Members.
- For over fifty years, the Lakefront Festival of Art has been bringing art to life on Milwaukee’s lakefront. Started in 1963, this three-day fund-raising event has evolved from a gathering of a handful of artists to a vibrant, exciting, and wide-ranging festival with something for everyone. With close to 25,000 attendees and over 170 jury-selected artists from across the nation, the Lakefront Festival of Art is a fun-filled destination with art, food, music, and activities for the whole family. What you find here may surprise you.
- Named one of the top twenty art festivals in the country, the Lakefront Festival of Art is a showcase of paintings, ceramics, fiber, metalwork, jewelry, and more, all available in a broad range of prices.
- Hosted by Friends of Art, the Lakefront Festival of Art raises much-needed funds for the Milwaukee Art Museum—the crown jewel of our city. Just by attending you will be supporting our beloved Museum.
The festival couldn’t happen without the support of our volunteers! For information on how you can get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRIENDS OF ART
- Friends of Art is the Milwaukee Art Museum’s largest volunteer support group, organizing several major fund-raising events and programs annually to benefit the Museum’s Art Acquisition and Exhibition Fund.
Special thanks to the 2019 LFOA committee members and the hundreds of volunteers who contribute their time and hard work to make this event possible.
2019 Festival Chairs: Annette Melcher, Pam Schaefer
Admissions: Steve Horner, Patrick Stanly
Advance Tickets: Carole Faught
Artists: Julia DeCicco, Kim Muench
Buildings and Grounds: Ed Hanrahan, Mark Muench
Children’s Art: Linda Boxill, Ann Krueger, John Krueger
Finance: Danielle Brinkman, Mike King
Food and Beverage: Nate Kraucunas, Martha Moore, Richard Gareis
Information: Eddie Sturkey, Amy Jo Podolak
Legal: Catherine Faught Pollard
Performing Arts: Kaye Giese, Andrew Hunn
Poster: Nancy Munroe
Promotions: Deborah Gerke; Rissy Fiora
Sculpture Garden: Bob Wolf
Silent Auction: Peter Coulter, Mick Dwyer
Social: Christy Metcalf
Volunteers: Michele Adyniec, Maggie Scheel
Wine Garden: Chris Fenske, Callan Kamm
Art Museum Staff:
Festival Director: Krista Renfrew
Festival Manager: Courtney Kihslinger
Partnership and Audience Activation Events Manager: Molly Mattefs
Festival Coordinator: Kelly Schlicht
ATM LOCATIONS AND CREDIT CARDS
- ATMs are located on the festival grounds and in the Museum to serve you; major credit cards are accepted at most locations
- Pets are not permitted on the festival grounds or inside the Milwaukee Art Museum. Service animals are permitted.